Choices
We've always been told that life is a series of choices that determine the end result.
How much do we have to decide...what do we have to give up to have the life we want?
Must we constantly judge which relationships are more important, and must we resign ourselves to giving up friends for the sake of other loved ones?
Is it worth it to constantly give, always go, and to change ourselves to keep someone?
Opening up to new experiences is itself a lesson in growth, and something that more people should be willing to do. Allowing ourselves to step outside the status quo gives us insight about ourselves and those around us that otherwise would stay hidden.
I've been quite open in the last two months, and I've found someone who in most ways is my match. In others, we couldn't be more different...a difference of experiences. I've been changing myself, become more willing to go rather than to make others come to me. I am...just open.
And I need someone.
This is getting rambly...but the point is that I feel my choices have opened me up to the worst possible hurt, and I'm growing afraid that I may be hurt long before I'm ready.
I'll survive whatever's thrown at me. I just don't like being vulnerable.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home