We've Got...Something Kinda Funny Goin' On...
I feel...amazing. There aren't words to describe it. I was so unhappy that I didn't realize I was even unhappy anymore...
I suppose I saw the breakup as a personal failure just as much as I saw it as a loss of someone I love and care for. The idea is that if you love someone, you work it out. You stick it out. You recommit. But sometimes the best thing to do if you really love someone is to admit when the old routine isn't working anymore, and move on. I defended my own happiness to everyone, even when I felt like bursting into tears for no reason.
Now my happiness is the truth.
I've always felt a connection to Chris, since the first time I talked to him. I suppose my body language altered to demonstrate it on some subconscious level, because he says he felt something when he put his arm around me at the catering gig. Truth be told, I did too, though at that point I wasn't looking to feel anything. Or was I? I don't know. But it just seemed natural to be around him. I just didn't realize how wonderful it could be.
The last five days of my life have been, without a doubt, the best days I've had in a considerably long time. I don't want to move too fast and risk missing something important, but we're coming to a resolution. Nothing's official yet, but it won't be long now. There's something there, something beautiful and confusing and absolutely breathtaking. It's there, in his beautiful brown eyes.
Chris says my eyes are sapphires. And when he says it, I believe it. For the first time, I'm not questioning my own value...I just know it. I don't know where we will end up, but I'm falling fast, faster than I thought possible. It feels great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home