Addictions and other Character Flaws

I am a complexity of randomosity. I love the dark for its secrets and solace, a downward transcendental redemption for the sins committed in the daylight. My life is an addiction. Much as sometimes I may want to turn away and start from scratch, somehow it draws me back in. I want to remember the things most important, so here's the proof - and another addiction.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My First Real Rant...in awhile...

Dear Lord, help us all.

I can't take this anymore!

Perhaps some clarity would improve the understanding of the situation: I'm sitting at Brian's house, just having finished a hastily-prepared dinner in the midst of all the haranguing one person can possibly stand in a lifetime. It isn't even aimed at me or about me, but it is driving me positively insane. Allow me to say right now before Heaven and all mankind that I will never complain as greatly about my mother as I formerly have. She is nothing compared to Brian's mother.

Who, by the way, is continuing to find things to complain about. Why doesn't she, I wonder, just cut straight to the quick and complain that Brian is still breathing? Is that enough of a complaint? It is just about the only thing she isn't complaining about right now.
She is so domineering....she...ARRRGH!

I didn't even enjoy the steak. Yes, steak.

It isn't that I think she asks too much of Brian. Well, perhaps she does, but he doesn't do it and in that she has a legitimate gripe. My problem is the repetition of the asking and the fact that, well...IT ISN'T ASKING IF ALL YOU DO IS SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS ABOUT HOW IRRESPONSIBLE HE IS AND WHAT A GREAT PERSON YOU ARE!

Because, guess what: you're not. I don't need to hear the same things you've been saying behind my back said to my face just because you think then somehow you will be validated. Do not look at me to turn my back on him anymore, because I have sided with you for the last time. I love Brian just the way he is, and the fact that you don't makes me positively sick.

Let's continue: she is such a wonderful person, and she does everything for other people without a thought to herself, and she's pissed off because she put off having lunch because Brian never called. We can address this in two parts. Nobody told her to put off having lunch. Not eating is her own fault, and so is the rave she got into because of it. Shut up. Second, the telephone works both ways. I've seen it happen. Give it a try; I'm sure it doesn't bite.

I tried, I really did. I kept my mouth shut and just listened whenever she pitched her bitch about all the things that make Brian not as good as his sister or brother. But I can't stand by anymore and just let her hurl these accusations at him for being human. Maybe I missed the punch line, or maybe Amanda and Matthew are really cyborgs that are built to impress.

But Brian said she threw Amanda once too...so maybe they just knew how to fall in line.

One of the things I like best about Brian, though, even when I want to tear my hair out because of it, is the fact that he isn't the type to just fall in line. The sooner he can get away, the better.

I want to marry him and go away with him so that he'll never have to deal with her again. She is positively insane, and I don't want to see what she does next. If she hurts him anymore, she'll have hell to pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home