Addictions and other Character Flaws

I am a complexity of randomosity. I love the dark for its secrets and solace, a downward transcendental redemption for the sins committed in the daylight. My life is an addiction. Much as sometimes I may want to turn away and start from scratch, somehow it draws me back in. I want to remember the things most important, so here's the proof - and another addiction.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Going to the Chapel

Wednesday night. Brian's house, a couch in the family room. Just the two of us, with the TV playing in the background. We are close, comfortable with arms draped around one another...and he looks at me.
Will you marry me, and be the mother of my children?
In that moment all fear fled. All doubt was nothing but a memory. In his eyes I see my future, my past, every dream and wish I have had since I was a little girl. This man, the man he is becoming even now, is the one God made for me. In the midst of all this emotion, I said the only thing I could: Yes.
Of course, it isn't yet official, at least if by "official" one means a diamond ring and a set date. But those are two things that, for right now, I can do without. All I need is Brian beside me. The ring that sits on my finger now is just as much of a promise as I could ever ask for. The rings on his fingers are the echo of that promise from me.
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
All we have been through, the things we have said and done, the things that are yet unfolding...all of it has been leading up to this point. And all of it will continue to lead to our future, down the aisle and straight to that altar where we will consecrate our relationship before God and our families. We will be united.

Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married
Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married
Gee, I really love you and we're gonna get married
Goin' to the chapel of love
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home