Thanksgiving
Ah, Thanksgiving. Another excuse for entire families to crowd into a house that is too small for more than 1/3 of them, for everyone to talk at top volume in an attempt to be the first to get out their news.
I’ve had my turkey; now I’m ready for everybody to go home so I can stretch out and get some real things done. I hate having days off school; nothing ever gets done. Even now, it’s twenty minutes until 2:00 and I could - should - be sitting in the office, doing research for these articles that I’ve decided to undertake. Instead, the Internet connection is all the way in the other room, and though I could very well sit in comfort and do my research, it also means that I’ve missed classes that I would very well rather have been in today.
I emailed Greg about my little fantasies, and I wonder what he’s going to say back... I’ve already determined that they’re nothing more than something fun to think about. He is a nice guy, though, and it would be nice to be with a nice guy that is older. I think I’ve taken too much time worrying about guys that are just my age - and even younger - instead of finding someone a little older, a little wiser and more mature, so that I can settle down like I want to.
It’s something to think about.
I wish I was alone somewhere, just able to stretch out and sleep and not have to hear any of this. And the sun shines while it’s snowing... It’s beautiful. The sun will only be up for another three hours, so it’s a glad thing to see it make an appearance.
More later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home