Live and Learn
Today, I think, is a bad day.
After the initial bout of emotional display, I felt this eerie sense of calm rush over me. Everything's going to be okay. I heard it and spoke it and cried it out to God...everything will work out right.
Still, even though I had more on my plate to deal with today, I've also had to fight like hell to remember why I shouldn't cry.
I know what it is - yesterday was shock mixed with hurt. Today...it's hurt mixed with sadness. But there's always hope. And hope will prevail. Because I know that no matter what happens, Brian will be happy eventually. No matter what his choice is, when he can look me in the eye and tell me that he's happy, there will be no more need for tears.
"Can you hear me? Am I getting through tonight?
Can you see him? Can you make him feel alright?"
That's all I want, right there. God will take care of me; then, I can save my strength to see him through in any way I can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home