Keeping People Out
I’m tired. I’m not sure quite what’s going on right now, except I’m jamming to Norah Jones. I love her style, so sultry and...well, jazzy. I don’t usually like jazz, but here it is. Love her.
It’s difficult to figure out what exactly constitutes talking about somebody. Technically, anytime you mention another person it’s talking about them, but how does it work? Is it just as wrong to brag on their good qualities as it is to commisserate on their poor qualities? And where is the line?
The other thing is, it takes a subtle distinction to decide the limit of disclosure to certain people. Like Kim, she doesn’t trust Tina and even the good things are too much to tell her. *shrug* It’s good to know, eventually at the very least. I don’t know. I’ve always sought a connection with people, and connection to me requires a certain amount of disclosure.
Which brings me to the one thing I think I don’t like about Kim. She will complain about somebody behind their back to get support in her position, and her complaints are completely valid, but when she gets in front of the person she’s nice and completely friendly. The only difference, now that I look at her, is that she’s a little more reserved.
But isn’t that a game? And for that matter, one of the games she so vehemently despises? But I think it’s one of those games that everybody plays without realizing.
I could learn a lot from Kim, just by watching the way she relates to other people. Dear God, help me to keep my critiques to myself and watch just how much I let other people in.
Peace...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home