Addictions and other Character Flaws

I am a complexity of randomosity. I love the dark for its secrets and solace, a downward transcendental redemption for the sins committed in the daylight. My life is an addiction. Much as sometimes I may want to turn away and start from scratch, somehow it draws me back in. I want to remember the things most important, so here's the proof - and another addiction.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Johari Window

I'm open. Come in and fill me up.
I'm blind to all my shortcomings; help me see it clearly.
I've hidden myself, everything I think you shouldn't see.
I'm unknown...let's take awhile and learn what we can be.

This is probably the one lesson I don't mind. I already studied the Johari Window on my own, so I understand the concept.
The pulse beats...
For a Monday in November, this morning is particularly strange. It's gray, but I can see blue. It's windy, but I could feel the warmth even through the breeze.
The panes...the pains...are changing. I feel myself even now opening up to new opportunities, new ideas, new people. For the first time in a long time I am able to sit and just..think. It's harder to wake up in the morning, but that's just because I find myself staying up later in the night. Sure, I'll have to monitor that.
It's nice to think about people...particular persons...I like the idea that my thoughts are my own, and in my imagination anything can happen. I can move to Versailles and have the future I want, wouldn't it be nice...
Kathy asked me last night, "How's your heart?" It's okay. The amazing thing about hearts is that just when you think it's broken, God starts to stitch it back together - if you let Him. And I think that the last year has served its purpose. I found love...and I found God again, right where I left Him. I'm becoming more open.
I keep saying that, mentioning the openness, but it's so true. The fear of being too open is gone; I would rather risk the pain in order to reap the benefits than to live safe and sheltered, just watching the snow fall outside my window.
I told Sam what I was thinking...of whom I was thinking. I'd love to say his name here, but it isn't a good idea. For once, I worry about who is reading my thoughts. But that's alright; I don't think I've given it away.
For now, I'm going to draw the curtains on my Johari Window. Take a peek later, perhaps, and you might find something you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home