The Newsroom
The newsroom is a peaceful place. Just entering and taking in the scent of printed paper is relaxing, especially after last weekend. It's a relief to be able to have a place where one can sit and just...be.
I wish time would fast-forward to May, so that Brian would be eighteen and we could make the important decisions that are coming up fast. I want to run away with him, married or not, and live to make a life together in a way that we can't now. His mother is pushing him away, rule by unreasonable rule. Friday's escapade was a withdrawal from the trust bank - an account, unfortunately, which has boasted a zero balance since before I met him.
I need a release, an escape from all of this. A decision which I thought would work out better than the situation I was in has turned out to become nothing but one problem after another. Now, I have to find a way home every day. I'm not surprised, simply hurt that now I know how my future mother-in-law really feels about me. I shouldn't be surprised about that either; familiarity breeds contempt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home