Ooooh, Jealousy
Last night I was completely empty, void of all emotions except for love and hate. They were warring inside of me, love for Brian countered by an absolute hatred for the girl he used to call his friend. She looked so smug sitting there last night, as if it didn't matter how close I sat to Brian, he was hers. It broke my heart into a million pieces. I had to leave the room and even so I wanted to be in there, if only to make sure that she didn't try something that would tear us apart.
I didn't even speak to Brian for 45 minutes afterward, with the exception of "I love you." I finally told him everything, though, and he told me that she is not his friend and that he would tell her to leave him alone forever. "If I don't have another friend in my whole life but I have you, I will be happy. But if I have a million friends and I lose you, I will be crushed." What love is this, that he would turn a friend away to make me happy? I couldn't ask him to do it, yet he volunteered with the reasoning that he doesn't know her anymore. The friend he knew two years ago and the girl she is today are two very different people.
All I can say is that I'm sleeping better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home