Addictions and other Character Flaws

I am a complexity of randomosity. I love the dark for its secrets and solace, a downward transcendental redemption for the sins committed in the daylight. My life is an addiction. Much as sometimes I may want to turn away and start from scratch, somehow it draws me back in. I want to remember the things most important, so here's the proof - and another addiction.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Always Tip Your Waitress

I never thought I would take a job as a waitress. In my opinion it seemed like a lousy job, filled with rowdy and complaining guests and lacking in tips. Well, I was wrong in a way. I did take a job as a waitress.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Actually, we're called "servers."
But anyway. I found that it is a quasi-lousy job, filled with rowdy and complaining guests and (lately) lacking in tips. I was doing very well there for a minute, and I thought that maybe serving would give me a decent living until I continue the next chapter in the saga called My Life. Hmm, wrong again. In the last two nights I made (combined) what I made on one night prior to that alone. And, get this - one other server made more tips from one table tonight than I made all night. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't her fault exactly. She couldn't help getting a fabulously affluent group of people. The job, though, is just filled with double standards and favoritism and a certain amount of despotism. Benevolent despots, much like my old friend Catherine the Great -
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
-but despots all the same.
Now, I realize that I meant to have a point somewhere in here, and aha! there it is.
Always tip your waitress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home