Addictions and other Character Flaws

I am a complexity of randomosity. I love the dark for its secrets and solace, a downward transcendental redemption for the sins committed in the daylight. My life is an addiction. Much as sometimes I may want to turn away and start from scratch, somehow it draws me back in. I want to remember the things most important, so here's the proof - and another addiction.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Half a Year, One Step Toward the Rest...

...of my life.
Yesterday was the six month anniversary of my relationship with Brian. It was absolutely fantastic. He came over at noon and joined my family for our Memorial Day cookout, which besides the BBQ chicken and corn on the cob was a total nightmare. My twin cousins, who I should complain about more, were alternately loud and obnoxious and....well, they maintained a pattern. I feel sorry for my aunt and her boyfriend, because they have to live with it every day.
But there's not much to worry about past that. I finally was able to give Brian the promise I've wanted to give him for so long! In the form of a claddagh ring, I promised him my love, friendship, and loyalty forever. Now it's official. He made me close my eyes, then put a peridot cross around my neck. It's so beautiful! I'll have him take a picture of it so I can post it in here; keep an eye out. Then later he gave me "The Rising" which prequels the Left Behind series, and it's a superbly written book. The ending, of course, is sad; the thing is, though, that it's sad like Star Wars: Episode III was sad. You know there's more to it.
We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and it was wonderful. There's something about a one pound steak that just makes my mouth water. Ahhhh....*wipes her mouth* Okay. That's not the important thing! Neither is the fact that we went to Putt Putt and met up with his parents and then went back home to watch "Jersey Girl" with Matt and his girlfriend.
The important thing, my friends, is that it's a celebration of Brian and me. Our love, our life together as it continues into beautiful places. I love him into the depths of my soul, more than I have loved any one person or thing my entire life. He lends reason to my being which is only superseded by the reason given to me by my Lord. Even when I'm angry I'm already halfway back to happy because he's there, and his love is pointed in my direction. God saw everything I ever wanted or needed in life and put everything into one perfect match for me. He is beautiful, inside and out, and he is my special gift. I am so blessed to have him. So Happy Anniversary to us!
With love and constant admiration, praises to the Lord Almighty. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home