Addictions and other Character Flaws

I am a complexity of randomosity. I love the dark for its secrets and solace, a downward transcendental redemption for the sins committed in the daylight. My life is an addiction. Much as sometimes I may want to turn away and start from scratch, somehow it draws me back in. I want to remember the things most important, so here's the proof - and another addiction.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Redemption In The Eyes Of Man

It is lucky we all are that redemption, true redemption, comes through repentance to our Savior rather than through the forgiveness of a fellow human being. Sad in a way, too, that redemption from God is easier to receive than redemption from other sinners. This morning I was jerked back into the past by a few poorly placed words at the breakfast table. I was able to revisit some of my worst decisions, with my beloved staring on as I struggled to keep my composure. I ultimately managed, and shed but a tear for it all.
It hurts, though, to think that my own mother would hold back redemption for mistakes that while awful in their original setting are actually quite tame when related to the mistakes and evil actions of others, herself included. I so desperately wanted to bring up every ill thing she has done, and ask her where in the world she found her holy right to be judge and jury, but the thought that I would then be no better stopped me. After all, if I became the bailiff reading off the charges against her, wouldn't I then have to transform to judge and jury to determine if her faults actually measured up to mine? And that is no more my place than hers. That understanding, perhaps, is one brick in the road to wisdom.
I am grateful that the rest of the day fared better. I spent it with Brian, as is usual for a Friday, and while better days I'm sure will come I would not write this one off as a waste. We spent some quality time together and had good conversation, one of the many things I love about him. Then we had movie night with his parents, which was another one of those wonderful experiences that would take way too long to talk about as I'm *yawn* very tired, so I bid you all goodnight and may the greatest of God's blessings shine forth upon you. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home