The Good Days
take me down,
spin me around
throw me back
to the good days
show me the sun,
so sick of the snow
why can't i stay
in the good days
Honestly, what a bunch of crap. Can anybody tell me WTF?! Oi! So I'm having this wonderful day. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought of was Brian. Lying next to him, watching his eyes when he smiles...*sigh* It's better than breakfast. He showed up at 7:15 and I had those extra 15 minutes just to look at him and marvel at how so much love can permeate my soul for one person. It's a beautiful feeling. Then we get to school, and we're sitting in the most boring Algebra class in the history of the world - not that I don't like Previts, but there are only so many ways to restate the same methods before it just gets OLD. But still, sitting there with Brian and listening to him snicker at my notes made it mostly worth it.
And I finished my Western Civ class, and thank God my mom brought my car back so I have my book, right? And Brian and I leave, and come home for a nap...
But NOOOO! No, no nap for the kids. 'Cause what happened? Oh yeah, Mom came home. And she's on the verge of tears and I know just because that's how I am that he put that look on her face again. And she let him, damn it all! He told her today that he wants a dissolution, which for those of you not intimately acquainted with the legal system is akin to an annulment. A divorce without strings, if you will. He doesn't want to pay child support, doesn't want to carry her on his health insurance...Doesn't want anything to do with the lot of is, sure and I'm certain. Every bit of love, every idea of love that comes from my father is a lie. It's lucky I am that at least I haven't fallen into the same trap my mom did.
They're coming up here for my show Sunday, are my father and Grandma, and I swear that I would rather gnaw off my own leg than see them. Because then, lo and behold, we have to go out to dinner with them for Grandma's birthday! One hour of her senility and of his....ugh! I don't even know what to call it!
Oh well, I'm too irritated with my desktop to even worry about it. I have Brian and there's no way I'm going to let any of that happen to me. *sigh* I can't wait to see him later!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home